Forget Apple’s iPad. I want the Slate.
HP releases the demo videos of their version that includes a webcam. The demos were released not 48 hours after iPad’s official retail release.
Basically, the HP Slate will have many similar options and features of the first generation Apple iPad, but it’ll be better.
* 8.9 inch screen
* WSVGA 1024 x 600 capacitive multitouch display
* 1.6GHz Atom Z530
* Intel UMA graphics – 1080p playback capable
* 1GB RAM (no upgrade available)
* 32GB/64GB Flash storage options
* 802.11b/g, Bluetooth, optional: 3G, WWAN, GPS
* Windows 7 Home Premium
* 2-cell battery with 5-hour battery life
* VGA webcam (forward-facing) and 3 megapixel camera (outward facing)
* SD card reader, USB 2.0 port, headphone jack, SIM card slot, dock connector for HDMI-out, power, and audio
The current rumored price will start at $549 for the 32GB model. The 64GB model is rumored to be $599. There will be a 3G version, but the price hasn’t leaked yet for that one.
The HP Slate tablet is supposed to double the battery life of the Apple iPad, have a higher resolution, larger screen, more connectivity options, adobe flash applications, and a lower price.
The HP Slate will definitely give Apple a run for their money. I can guarantee, if I buy either of the two, it’ll be the HP Slate, not the Apple iPad.
The HP Slate will be released June 2010.
Posted in: Uncategorized